Monday, September 21, 2009

Two of my most memorable math teachers

One of my most memorable professor in UBC is Dr.Pierce. He's really helpful during the office hour. He encouraged us to extend the concepts we learned in class and applied them in real life situations. I remember an instance that he stayed after the office hours ended and it was after six! Just to help us to fully grasp the concepts and homework problems. Dr.Pierce is just a tremendous person, i salute you!!!

The other memorable math teacher is Ms.Funk. Her knowledge of math is incredible, she answers all kinds of math questions whether it's related to school work or not. She cares about her students and helps students whenever needed. She also asked me to be her TA in the class, that was my first teaching experience and it ended up being my career path.

Looking back at these two teachers, one common characteristic is that both of them care about their students. They both have great passion about teaching math; they want to share their broad knowledge about math. They also encourage students to explore beyond what was taught in class. They have great influences in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment